It's that time of year again! If you're reading this post you are either looking for ideas to tell your loved ones to get you! Or you're desperately trying to figure out what to buy for the 'Quilter' in your life! Here are 10 gift ideas for quilters. I've also sneaked in five more stocking stuffer ideas too! So that's really 15 fab ideas for you!
These are all things I either own, or really really want!!! No one has paid me to tell you about them, I just think they are fab ideas, Some links are affiliate links though (see note on affiliate links in top right of page) . Just click the pictures to find the item! Obviously your local quilt shop may stock these items too so be sure to check those too if you want to support local independents. I'm pretty sure that Sew Busy in Fleet stocks the rotary cutter, blades, thread cutter necklace and possibly the rotating cutting mat. Purple Stitches in Basingstoke stocks the seam roller too.
1. Olfa Rotary Cutter - there is no denying that Olfa are one of the best brands around for quilting tools. I absolutely love my Quick Change Olfa Rotary Cutter. It's really comfortable to use and has the added safety feature of being able to cover the top part of the blade when being used.
2. Wonder Clips: Took me ages to buy some of these and I really wished I had done it sooner! First off they are really pretty as they are so colourful! So they look really cheerful! And second they are really easy and quick to use!
Use them instead of pins when binding. They come in a really cute tin to store them in which is handy.
3. Obviously I'm biased but I think the perfect present for a quilter would be my Pattern Subscription Service!
Membership to the VIP club means the gift recipient will get that nudge every month to get quilting. They will receive a new pattern through the mail every month, discount on all other patterns and exclusive membership of a Facebook group for support and extra video tutorials.
For more details about it click here.
To buy it as a gift for someone click HERE. Choice of 3,6 or 12 month subscription plans.
4. One of my recent purchases also made it onto the list!
This really handy Seam Roller is perfect for when you are foundation paper piecing. It saves hopping out to the iron every five seconds!
5. No self respecting quilter wouldn't have a pin cushion! I make these super handy pin cushions that attach to your sewing machine. They are for sale at Sew Busy and come in all different fun sewing themed fabrics. If you can't get to Sew Busy just drop me an email and I can post you one out (UK only due to the filling). I'll be adding more in the next week or two.
6. Another tool I absolutely love is my Fiskars Rotating Cutting mat.
This reduces the amount of work considerably when cutting half square triangles, or any small squaring up.
7. I spotted this cutting board recently and it looks brilliant. Especially for those of you who go to quilt clubs or retreats.
This mat folds up. Half of it is a cutting board and the other half is an ironing board!
8. If you are wanting to improve your free motion quilting then this book has got to be on your list!
Lori Kennedy is an amazing quilter. Her designs are so creative and she inspires you to have the confidence to have a go.
Her website, The Inbox Jaunt, is full of great video tutorials as well so be sure to check that out too.
9. This next one is so on my Christmas Wish List! The 2018 Quilters Planner!
I hope my family are reading this ;-) Please someone buy this for me lol! It's so pretty! They have used the designs of one of my favourite fabric designers in it! It looks amazing and so much better than my plain squared notebook!!
10. We all know that quilters LOVE fabric. They adore it! They swoon over it! They have been known to stroke it!! But what to buy when the selection is so big and everyone likes different things? Well the easy thing to do is to get a Gift certificate for your local fabric shop so they can choose their own. Sew Busy certainly offers gift certificates and I'm sure your local shop will too!
Now for the Stocking Stuffers!
11. Everyone needs a USB stick, and much nicer to have a fun sewing themed one!
12. Thread cutter necklace! So you can sew wherever you are without scissors. I believe you can even take these on a plane. Perfect for hand sewing on the go.
13. And whilst we are on the subject of thread cutters I really LOVE these ones recently released by Quilt Story. Cute colours and you can stick them anywhere.
14. New blades for the rotary cutter will always be well received. I know I certainly go through a lot!
15. And finally, sadly, we quilters need a good seam ripper and why not have a really pretty one! You can even get them as necklaces so you will never lose it! [Note to husband: I really love this one!! Hint Hint!]
Click the picture to find heaps of similar items on Etsy.
Hope this helped with your gift buying for the lovely quilter in your life.